La Trobe Swim School
La Trobe Swim School is a great place to learn to Swim or continue to develop your swimming skills.
La Trobe Swim School is based out of the Indoor Sports Centre at La Trobe University (Bundoora Campus) and runs lessons for infants, children and adults.
“La Trobe Swim School has provided our son with excellent instruction in water safety and technique. The school is professional, easy to access and lots of fun!”
Benefits of joining the La Trobe Swim School
- All teachers are AUSTSWIM or LSV qualified
- Deliver the Royal Life Saving Victoria Swim and Survive program
- Swim and Survive is aligned to the National Swimming and Water Safety Framework
- Lessons are ran from a 25m heated pool
- Personable on deck supervisors to answers any questions and keep you updated on you or your child's progress
- Ongoing assessments
- Friendly and welcoming environment
La Trobe Swim School runs on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings (4:00pm-7:00pm), Saturday and Sunday mornings (8:30am-12:30pm). All lessons run for 30 minutes.
Term 1 2024: Monday 29 January- Thursday 28 March
Term 2 2024: Monday 8 April- Sunday 30 June
Term 3 2024: Monday 8 July – Sunday 22 September
Term 4 2024: Monday 30 September- Sunday 15 December
NOTE: Please note that La Trobe Swim School comes back a week before the Victorian School term starts.
Lessons will not run on public holidays or University closures.
Monday – Friday
6:00am - 9:00am & 12:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday & Sundays
8:00am - 6:00pm
Our infant sessions are designed for children aged 12 months to 36 months, with parental participation in the water. Pre-school classes cater to children from three years old onward, and parental involvement in the water may not be necessary for this age group, depending on the ability of the child.
Your child will have a secure and nurturing environment throughout our carefully conducted baby swim classes. Our dedicated instructors incorporate activities that encourage parent participation. Our goal is for your children to develop a healthy respect for the water and become confident and safe swimmers.
Follow the link below to express your interest in our La Trobe Swim School Infant Classes and our team will get back in touch with you with further details!
As a Swim School member, you are entitled to swim free of charge outside of lesson time all year round. One parent or guardian swim entry is included when accompanying the Swim School member.
Children - Lessons are delivered for children 4 years and older.
Adults - We offer classes for non-swimmers, beginner and intermediate swimmers.
Infants- We run water familiarisation sessions for infants from 12 months to 36 months.
If your child has any medical conditions or behavioural concerns, please ensure you provide us with the relevant forms below to help us best care for your child.
- Allergies and/or Anaphylaxis: If your child has any allergies or is anaphylactic you must supply an Action Plan with a current, coloured photo.
- Asthma: If your child has asthma you must supply an Asthma Action Plan and provide your child’s inhaler. You must also complete a Medication Administration form to permit staff to administer the inhaler if required.
- Medication: If your child has any other conditions which may require medication to be administered throughout the day (e.g. Panadol, Ritalin, anti-histamine), you must submit a Medication Administration Form.
- Behavioural: If your child has any behavioural concerns please complete a Behaviour Management Plan.
The completed above forms can be submitted to email@example.com before lessons commence.
Group classes - $17.50 per person
Private classes (1:1) - $45 per person
(All lessons run for 30 minutes)
Follow the link below, fill out the form and the Swim School team will be in touch, or if you require more details please call (03) 9479 2973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.