At La Trobe Rural Health School our research seeks to:
- understand the needs and challenges of rural/regional communities
- impact and improve rural community health and wellbeing
- transform rural and regional health care
We are always looking for enthusiastic health professionals to join our research team.
The La Trobe Rural Health School works with community partners across Victoria to make a difference to rural health outcomes. Learn more about the real impact we are making in rural communities.
Impact through Partnerships – Case Studies
- Transforming community health in Mildura
- Improving oral health through water fluoridation
- Surgeon referrals to physical activity coaching
- A holistic after care model to prevent suicide
- Students and community addressing social isolation
Violet Vines Marshman spotlight
Our key research programs include:
Maximising healthcare outcomes to ensure the delivery of quality rural health care.
We offer research Masters and PhD programs across our 11 health disciplines. Whether you are a recent graduate, or have years of industry experience, you could be the perfect fit to join our team.
The Holsworth Research Initiative seeks to translate our research findings to key stakeholders including health and sports communities in rural areas and professional and amateur athletes, and to be strong advocates for the general public on the public health benefits of increasing levels of exercise and physical activity.
Investigating the structure and processes of the health care system.
Supporting educational inclusion of young people with disadvantage or disability.
Making a difference to the wellbeing of older people living in rural communities.
La Trobe Rural Health School is conducting an Australia-wide study to identify the factors influencing nurses’ decision to leave or stay working in the profession.
Experts in the measurement and restoration of human movement.
Our Centre is transforming rural health outcomes through research, collaboration and community engagement.