Telehealth Virtual Care
Our University City of the Future transformation is underway. Our Health and Wellbeing Hub is coming to life with the creation of new high-tech telehealth facilities to train the next generation of healthcare professionals.
About the project
The new telehealth facilities at the Melbourne and Bendigo Campuses will ensure best-practice training for entry level health students at La Trobe, and better equip clinicians undertaking professional development.
The Telehealth facilities at the Melbourne Campus will form part of the Health and Wellbeing Hub – a key platform of La Trobe’s University City of the Future. Construction is underway on level 1 of the Health Sciences 1 (HS1) building, and is expected to be complete in June 2022.
At the Bendigo Campus, the Telehealth facilities will be located in the Clinical Teaching Building on Arnold Street, with construction to take place from June to August 2022.
The Telehealth Virtual Care project is supported by the Victorian Government through the Victorian Higher Education State Investment Fund (VHESIF), announced in August 2021.
The new facilities at the Melbourne Campus will include:
- Eight telehealth consultation rooms
- Two specialist consultation rooms with multiple cameras and space for specialist equipment demonstrations
- A telehealth classroom with capacity for 30 students
- Breakout and informal learning spaces for students
The telehealth facilities at the Bendigo Campus will include:
- Two telehealth consultation rooms
- A specialist consultation room with multiple cameras and space for specialist equipment demonstrations
- Audio-visual upgrades to improve the learning environment for students