About the University City of the Future
A city born from a university where people, place and culture converge, and lives are transformed.
- 20,000+ new jobs over ten years
- Education facilities for 40,000+ students
- Additional housing for 12,000 students, staff and private residents
- $3.5 billion in Gross Regional Product (GRP) over the next ten years.
See our progress
- La Trobe receives a six star Green Star Communities accreditation
- Health and Wellbeing Hub announced
- Sports Park AFL oval, soccer pitches, pavilion open
- Nangak Tamboree officially named and works commence to enhance and protect the bio-diverse waterway
- Commitment to be Net Zero by 2029 is announced
- La Trobe-led Australian Research Council (ARC) Industry Transformation Research Hub for Medicinal Agriculture (ARC MedAg Hub) launched
- Stage 2 of the Sports Park completed with the opening of the La Trobe Sports Stadium
- 624 bed student accommodation project is completed
- Healthscope to partner as hospital operator
- Medibank health partnership established to deliver comprehensive and coordinated physical and digital health and wellbeing services
- Northern Football Netball League (NFNL) calls La Trobe Sports Park home in a 20 year partnership.
- La Trobe announces Plenary as our preferred Master Development Partner to realise its ambitious plan to transform Melbourne’s north
Help us shape our city
If you are interested in talking to us about how you can become involved and be part of our future, please reach out to us.