Single Session Thinking in Practice
This in-person half-day implementation focused training is the practice companion to The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Thinking (SST) self-paced online course. SST involves approaching the first session as if it will be the last, whilst creating opportunities for further work if requested by the client. This training is designed to consolidate your SST knowledge and enhance the application of these ideas in your clinical practice.
- Thursday 20 October 2022 01:00 pm until Thursday 20 October 2022 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- The Bouverie Centre
- Presented by:
- Liz George, The Bouverie Centre
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
- $115 (GST Incl)
This in-person half-day implementation focused course is the practice companion to The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Thinking self-paced online course. This training is designed to consolidate your knowledge of Single Session Thinking concepts and enhance the application of these ideas in your clinical practice.
Single Session Thinking (SST) involves approaching the first session as if it will be the last, whilst creating opportunities for further work if requested by the client. If you have completed the self-paced SST online course, this SST in Practice session aims to meet your needs as you begin applying Single Session Thinking in your work. Emphasising the direct “clinician-client” relationship, it will recap key points from the online course and guide you through experiential activities to embed Single Session Thinking into your own practice.
Those who have completed The Bouverie Centre's Single Session Thinking self-paced online course and would like further opportunities for skills practice and the exploration of ideas for embedding SST into their work. It is also suitable for those who have completed the SST training previously and would like to refresh their skills.
In the last 12 months, completion of The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Thinking self-paced online course
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate what SST is and how it can be applied to the work that you do
- Identify potential barriers and resources to support the integration of SST into everyday practice
- Demonstrate the use of a single session approach (attitudes and skills) in your work with clients
20 October 2022
1.00pm to 5.00pm (AEDT)
What You Can Expect
- Subject matter expert exploring the practical frameworks of SST
- Small group practice activities using a range of reflective processes
- Discussion of case examples
- Exploration of ideas around applicability to your workplace and role
Other events by type
- Socioecological perspectives to wellbeing in the perinatal period
7 Dec 2022 12:30 pm
- LaTrobe Digital Health Community of Practice Event: Real World digital health tools – improving patient care
7 Dec 2022 12:00 pm
- Clinical Educator CPD webinar | What can Allied Health Education learn from Medical Education?
8 Dec 2022 2:00 pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
14 Dec 2022 3:00 pm
- One of the lasses? Attitudes to trans inclusion and safety in gender-based violence support services
15 Feb 2023 4:00 pm