The Terraces are 21 fully furnished houses, each accommodating eight students; with scenic views and within easy walking distance to lecture theatres and the centre of campus. Some of the houses are designated alcohol-free residences, which students can choose to live in if they prefer. The Terraces are home to 168 residents.
- programs to support academic excellence, social engagement, community living, sport, health and wellbeing
- WELCOME induction modules to assist with transition into residential living (Wellbeing, Engagement, Leadership, Community, Overnight, Mind, Events)
- Student leaders living onsite to provide peer support
- zero emissions target by 2029
- utilities included
Facilities and services
- 24-hour computer lab access
- free BBQ facilities
- study spaces
- free laundry facilities
- 24/7 security presence
- TV rooms and lounge spaces
- secure individual key card entry to bedroom
Single room ($217 per week)
- a single bed.
Shared facilities include:
- kitchen for self-catering.
Annual compulsory fees (paid prior to check-in) - $740 (fee is reduced for single semester contracts)
From time to time there will be charges that can go onto your account, e.g. lock out or late fee, ticket for a residence event. If you are not the person that pays the account, it is your responsibility to communicate these charges to the person that does pay the account.
If you choose to cancel your Residential Agreement with Accommodation Services, you will be responsible for the rental payment for the whole period of the contract term or until such time as a suitable replacement is found (whichever comes first).
You can make payment in person during office hours at our Accommodation services office using Visa, MasterCard or Amex on EFTPOS.
Online Payments can be made directly via the StarRez portal using Visa or MasterCard. Direct Debit Authority forms are also available from the Accommodation Services office.
Alternatively, you can pay via direct debit to our bank account.
Account name: Menzies College*
Bank name: Westpac
BSB: 033-111 Account number: 127355
Reference number: eg. 123456SMITH (your StarRez reference number and your surname is required)
Swift code (International): WPAC AU2S
*This is not an error, this is an Accommodation Services only account, for both Melbourne and Bendigo payments