At La Trobe University we work with students, staff and the community to make sustainability central to everything we do. We will develop responsible leaders, professionals and citizens by:
- Recognising that sustainability encompasses economic, social and environmental dimensions.
- Integrating sustainability across all operations, curriculum and research.
- Embedding sustainability in the culture and practices of the University through the broadest engagement with staff, students, employers and partners in the community and in government.
- Becoming known as the leading sustainable university in Australia and a leader internationally.
- A visual representation of our quantified environmental sustainability targets can be seen in our Environmental Sustainability on Campus brochure.
What you can do
If you are a student or staff member of La Trobe University, then test your knowledge by taking a Sustainability Quiz.
If you are a student or staff member of La Trobe University, you can show your commitment to reducing your footprint on campus by taking the La Trobe University Sustainability Pledge.
Experience La Trobe University's new Sustainability Walk and learn about some great sustainability initiatives on Campus.
- Commitment to Sustainable Practices of Higher Education Institutions (committed in 2012)
- United Nations Global Compact Principles (committed in 2010)
- Talloires Declaration (committed in 2010)
- Fair Trade University Accreditation (committed in 2009)
- La Trobe University Sustainability Plan 2015-2017
- Sustainability is governed by the University's Sustainability Policy and Planning Group (SPPG)
- La Trobe University's Fair Trade Steering Committee reports to the SPPG
To find out more about our work, get in touch at: email@example.com.