Train and Bus - Route 301 Express Shuttle Bus
La Trobe University, Melbourne Campus - Reservoir Train Station
The Route 301 - Reservoir Express Shuttle, runs approximately every 10 minutes from 7am to 7pm between Reservoir Train Station and La Trobe University during the University semesters.
***This is a regular PTV service and not free, passengers must Touch on and off with their Myki card.***
Please note: the bus route will follow part of the current 561 bus route, but it will not stop anywhere along Dunne Street, Bolderwood Parade and Broadway in Reservoir and Kingsbury.
Semester 1 service recommences on Monday, 18 February 2019
The bus will not operate during the following public holidays:
- ANZAC Day - 25 April
- Queen's Birthday - 12 June
Relocation of Bus 301 bus stop to Cheddar Road (Opposite side of High Street) due to level crossing removal works.
Semester 1 2019 Operating Schedule
The Bundoora Campus is located close to two railway stations; Reservoir and Macleod and can be accessed directly from Melbourne's CBD. Take the South Morang or Hurstbridge line from any one of the City Loop stations.
- The South Morang line train to Reservoir connects with the Bus 301 (during semester only) or Bus 561
- The Hurstbridge line train to Heidelberg connects with the Bus 551
Travel time: 40-50 minutes.
Note: Travel time depends largely on the train/bus connection. Bus 551 does not operate on weekends.
- Bus 350 City (Queen St) - La Trobe University via Eastern Fwy travels, travels past Parliament Station with a stop outside St Vincent's Hospital on corner Victoria Street and Nicholson Street
- Bus 250 services Queen Street, Lonsdale Street, Exhibition Street and Rathdowne Street
Travel time: 50-60 minutes. Frequency: 20-30 minutes.
- Tram 86 runs from Waterfront City (Docklands) along Bourke Street. To get to La Trobe University, alight at the La Trobe University Medical Centre
Travel time: 50-65 minutes.
Yarra Trams TramTRACKER provides real time information on the next three trams at a given stop. For information on the next three trams from the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus, please click the link below:
Note: Tram 86 is a flexible and reliable service that runs frequently. The tram runs every day and late into the evening, and on weekends Fridays and Saturdays is the all night Night Tram. The tram takes longer when compared to the train or bus.