Mothers Union Freda Briggs Memorial Award
This award is administered by the Bendigo Tertiary Education Anniversary Foundation (BTEAF) .
The Mothers Union Freda Briggs Memorial Award is presented by members of the Anglican Mothers Union Australia's Bendigo branch. The members were inspired by a seminar presented by Professor Freda Briggs AO (former Australian of the Year in 2000), and this award is funded in her memory.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Humanitarian Visa Holder, or an International Student
- Be a female student aged 25 years or over as of 1 January 2021
- Be enrolled at the Bendigo Campus into the Bachelor of Human Services/Master of Social Work, or the Master of Social Work, or the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)
- Have completed a placement linked to child and family wellbeing as part of subjects SWP5PPA or SWP5PPB. Child and family wellbeing placements include where the student is primarily working with children and their families, such as Child Protection and Departments in agencies such as Anglicare, BDAC or CatholicCare
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Quality of response within a 500-word reflection outlining how their approach to their placement demonstrates La Trobe University's cultural qualities of connectivity, innovation, accountability and care
- Demonstration of commitment to high quality social work practice with children and families
The successful applicant will allow their name to be published as the recipient of the award and will agree to attend the Bendigo Prize Ceremony in 2021.
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org