Empowerment in Education Bursaries
An anonymous donor wishes to offer these bursaries in memory of her late mother, to provide financial assistance to an eligible La Trobe student studying Health Information Management.
There will be six bursaries awarded:
- Two for Undergraduate Students
- Two for Postgraduate Students
- Two for Regional Students.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, New Zealand Citizen, Humanitarian Visa Holder or International Student
- Be enrolled into one of the following:
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (Medical Classification)/Bachelor of Health Information Management
- Masters of Health Information Management
- Have no breaches of Academic Integrity Cases against the student, and no formal complaints expressed by the Academic staff/students against the award recipients.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- High academic achievement (WAM of 65+)
- Submitted evidence of educational disadvantage, financial hardship, significant caring responsibilities, or other personal hardship or disadvantage
- Quality of response supplied within the Personal Statement. There are two questions to be addressed:
- Why you have chosen this study, and what career path do you intend to take and why?
- How will undertaking the course develop you professionally?
Preference will be given:
- to equal distribution between male and female for each bursary.
Each student will need to undertake a milestone report i.e. 200-300 words to update the donor of their involvement with the bursary program, and to highlight what the opportunity has provided them. This will be at the end of each year, with a final report at the end of their course.
How to apply
Applications have now closed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org