Destination Australia Scholarship
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a new or continuing student studying in a Bachelor degree, or Masters by coursework in Semester 1, 2023. Current La Trobe students who are progressing to a Masters by coursework in Semester 1, 2023 are eligible. New students who have completed a TAFE Diploma or Advanced Diploma and are on a pathway into the second year of a Bachelor-level degree are eligible and strongly encouraged to apply.
- Be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at that campus (Online, Diploma or Certificate students are not eligible for this scholarship)
- Be residing in, or intending to move to, a regional area, classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area. (Check the 2016 box next the "ASGS Remoteness Areas").
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Personal statement, in particular how well the applicant addresses their commitment to studying and supporting the community in a regional area
- Evidence of disadvantage*
There are limited scholarship places allocated to each regional campus.
*For further information regarding providing evidence please click here.
- Recipients must be studying at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at the campus. The scholarship is not transferable to Bundoora or City campuses.
- Recipients must enrol full time each Semester to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- Recipients must reside in a regional area classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area. (Check the 2016 box next the "ASGS Remoteness Areas"). Recipients must provide evidence of residency if requested.
- Recipients cannot hold any other University scholarship.
How to apply
An online application form will be made available when applications are open.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org