Care Leaver Accommodation Scholarship
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- An Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa Holder
- Be intending to apply or have applied to live in any of the residences at La Trobe University in 2020; or returning to live in residence in 2020
- Be enrolled in, or be applying for entry to, an undergraduate program at La Trobe in 2020
- Have spent time living in out-of-home care prior to the age of 18 years (i.e. foster care, residential care, kinship care or as a ward of the state)
- Meet other criteria for educational disadvantage (e.g. financial, medical, caring for others, non English speaking background, disability or other hardship or disadvantage)
- Applicants may apply for multiple scholarships, however, no applicant will receive more than one accommodation scholarship from La Trobe University in any given calendar year
- Applicants must declare any scholarships they have received as part of the application process. Successful recipients must also notify the Scholarships Office if they subsequently receive a scholarship
- All scholarships are valid for one year only
- All scholarships are payable via accommodation rent discounts only
- Scholarships cannot be deferred
- Scholarship places are limited
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
Application submitted via the scholarship application form, including detailed responses to questions about time spent in out-of-home care. Relevant documentation will be viewed favourably.
Recipients must remain a domestic undergraduate La Trobe student residing in residence at La Trobe University.
How to apply
To be considered for this scholarship, please submit an application via the VTAC scholarship application form.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org