ARC Research Hub for Medicinal Agriculture Graduate Research Scholarships
The ARC Research Hub for Medicinal Agriculture (ARC MedAg Hub) is a collaboration between research and industry to improve production of high quality, plant-derived medicines. The ARC MedAg Hub works with primary producers and manufacturers to study plant growth, genetics and chemistry using the most advanced techniques and equipment. Several PhD Research Scholarships are available for outstanding candidates to undertake research aimed at improving the profitability and sustainability of the medicinal agriculture industry.
If you have an interest and experience in subjects related to medicinal agriculture or plant biology, such as those listed below, please contact us via the ARC MedAg Hub email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss project opportunities and submit your expression of interest. Only approved candidates will be asked to submit a full application.
- Plant breeding and genetics
- Microscopy and mass spectrometry imaging
- Integrative ‘omic analysis'
- Secondary/specialized metabolism
In addition to excellent research training with the ARC MedAg Hub at La Trobe University, PhD students have access to research partners: The University of Melbourne, Olivia Newton-John Cancer Research Institute, funding agency the Australian Research Council and leading industry partners Cann Group Limited, Hexima, Photon Systems Instruments, SensaData, UTT BioPharma, Bio Platforms Australia and Palo Alto Research Center Inc.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years, with a value of $33,500 per annum (2023 rate)
- a tuition fee scholarship for up to four (4) years. Successful domestic applicants will be awarded an RTP Fees Offset scholarship and successful international applicants will be awarded a La Trobe Full Fee Research Scholarship (LTUFFRS) unless another tuition support scholarship exists
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance or RTP Allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
- have an interest in subjects related to medicinal agriculture or plant biology
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
Please contact email@example.com to express your interest and to discuss project opportunities before the closing date. You will be provided with details on how to apply once you have secured in principle agreement for your application. Once you have received in principle agreement, please follow the 'Applying for a PhD' instructions. Your application needs to be received by the closing date of 01 December 2023.
Due to the nature of the research involved, confidentiality and security criteria will need to be agreed to before offers can be secured. Only one scholarship will be awarded per candidate. Potential candidates may be required to be interviewed as part of the application process.
Who to contact for further information
ARC MedAg Hub, firstname.lastname@example.org