How to apply - Diplomas

A Diploma introduces you to a discipline and can lead to a Bachelor's degree. Often, you can receive credit for studies completed during your Diploma, meaning you'll finish your degree sooner.

Who is this information for?

Keep reading if you’re a domestic student applying for a Diploma course at any of these campuses:

  • Melbourne (Bundoora)
  • Albury-Wodonga
  • Bendigo
  • City (Melbourne CBD)
  • Mildura
  • Shepparton

Ensure your application is submitted in time

Some courses start earlier than the standard semester, term or study period date. Applications for these courses close one week before the course commences.

Applying for a Diploma

I want to apply for the Diploma of Professional Learning

Apply through VTAC if you studied Year 12 in 2019, or are applying to more than one institution, or applying for multiple undergraduate La Trobe courses that are available for application through VTAC.

Alternatively, if you did not study Year 12 in 2019 and only intend to apply for the Diploma of Professional Learning at La Trobe you can apply direct to the University.

Please note: VTAC applications cannot be withdrawn in order to submit a direct application. The same selection criteria and entry standards are applied to VTAC and direct applications.

I want to apply for another Diploma at a Melbourne or Victorian regional campus

You can apply direct to La Trobe for the Diploma of Arts, Diploma in Business, Diploma in Languages or Diploma of Health Sciences.

Not what you're looking for?

I want to apply for a Diploma at the Sydney Campus

If you’re applying for a Diploma at our Sydney campus, you need to apply through the online application form.

Find out what courses are available at the Sydney Campus.

I’m an international applicant

Find out how to apply for an undergraduate degree as an international applicant.

Do you have questions about the application process?