Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
The Special Tertiary Admissions Test Multiple Choice(STAT-M) is an aptitude test designed by the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER).
At La Trobe, STAT-M test results can be utilised by selection officers to assess your eligibility for entry into a number of our undergraduate courses.
Courses that consider STAT-M results will have this specified in their published selection criteria.
In addition to sitting the STAT-M, you must still meet all published prerequisites and other selection requirements for your program. Please review the specific entry criteria for your desired course.
Who should sit the STAT?
It is recommended that the STAT-M test is completed by applicants who:
- are not currently studying Year 12;
- have no prior secondary school (Year 12), VET studies or work experience that can be considered for entry, or these do not meet the minimum entry requirements for the program
At La Trobe, your STAT-M results can be used to;
- Satisfy English prerequisites equivalent to VCE English (Units 3&4) study score of 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in English other than EAL.
- Satisfy Mathematics prerequisites equivalent to VCE Further Mathematics (Units 3&4) study score of 20.
- Establish an ATAR score that will be competitively ranked for selection.
STAT-M results are valid for two years prior to the commencement of your course.
If you want to see more about satisfying undergraduate prerequisites, please see our prerequisites page.
Booking a STAT sitting
Information regarding sitting dates, fees and locations can be found on the ACER STAT website.