Melbourne and Victorian regional campuses
Your first step is to find your course and check the academic and English language requirements.
If you don't meet the requirements, we may make you a conditional offer. This means you may be offered a place, which will be reserved for up to one year while you improve your English or academic performance.
Please note: you can still change your course before you enrol and after you’ve accepted your offer. You’re entitled to one free change to your course preference. All subsequent changes will incur a (A$)80 fee. To do that, you need to fill in a change of preference form [PDF 155KB].
Need help to meet the requirements?
La Trobe College Australia also offers English language tuition. After you complete the English for Further Studies Advanced Stage 5B Certificate at an acceptable level, you can enter most courses without sitting another English test.
Applying for your course
Step 1: access the International Student Portal and register as a new user
Access the International Student Portal.
After you enter and submit your details, you’ll receive an email with your username and password to log in to the Student Portal and start your online application.
Step 2: scan and upload these documents to the International Student Portal
The documents required include:
- Copies of your academic qualifications in your language and in a certified English translation. You’ll need to submit your originals or certified copies of academic qualifications when you accept your offer.
- Evidence of your English language proficiency.
- Any other information specified in the entry requirements for your course.
- Any supplementary application forms required. Check your course to see if you need to submit a supplementary form.
If you need help, download the Student Portal user Guide [doc 3.7MB].
Apply by post
Step 1: download and complete the relevant application form
Dual Degree Programs Application Form [PDF 49KB] This is only for programs from the following institutions:
- Tec de Monterrey
- POLE ESGUniversita Carlo Cattaneo.
Remember to attach:
- certified copies of your academic qualifications including a full statement of results, translated in English if required. If you’re emailing your application form, you’ll need to submit your certified copies of academic qualifications when you accept your offer
- certified evidence of your English language proficiency
- any other information specified in the entry requirements for your course
- your course syllabus, if you’re applying for Advanced Standing (credit).
The documents you submit with your application become the property of La Trobe University and won't be returned to you.
Step 2: download and complete a supplementary form (if required)
Check the details of your course to see if this is required.
Step 3: post, fax, email or deliver your application form and accompanying documentation in person
Melbourne and City campuses
La Trobe International (Sylvia Walton Building)
La Trobe University, Bundoora
F: +61 3 9479 3660
Bendigo and Albury-Wodonga campuses
La Trobe International
La Trobe University
PO Box 199, Bendigo
Fax: +61 3 5444 7926
Make sure you allow at least four to six weeks to obtain your student visa and organise your travel arrangements. In some countries, student visas can take up to three months to process.
If you already have a student visa, you can apply for entry to Semester 1 courses until mid-January.
If you do not have a student visa, you should apply by December at the latest. For mid-year entry in July, you should submit your application by the end of May at the latest.
Apply through a La Trobe University representative
Find a La Trobe representative in your country from our overseas representative database.