Elite athlete support and scholarships
LEAP is committed to providing elite athlete students assistance and support to successfully combine their academic and sporting pursuits.
In addition to academic and pathway support, La Trobe Elite Athletes may also be eligible to apply for specific athlete scholarships.
"LEAP really goes out of the way for La Trobe's athletes. I really noticed I was able to alter my timetable to suit my training program and competition commitments," La Trobe Elite Athlete and 2017 Elite Athlete Housing Scholarship recipient Anna Kelly.
We support our athletes
LEAP athletes can receive the following support at the University:
- Academic case management including assistance with enrolment, timetabling, flexible assessment and alternative exam arrangements
- Elite Athlete Support Fund grants towards sporting endeavours
- La Trobe gym membership and access to sporting facilities
- Elite Athlete Program apparel
- Assistance with university entry pathways and credit transfer arrangements.
The program also provides help and training to support your career once you finish competing, including:
- Professional development workshops
- Access to industry networks through our sporting partnerships
- Advice from La Trobe expert academics in sports and health.
Applications for the 2018 Elite Athlete Housing Scholarship are now closed.
The Elite Athlete Housing Scholarship was established in 2017, in conjunction with La Trobe Accommodation Services, to assist student athletes with extenuating circumstances through the provision of on campus accommodation.
The scholarship provides a single room in a College or Halls of Residence at La Trobe University's Bundoora or Bendigo campus for the period of one university year.
In order to be eligible, athletes must demonstrate considerable hardship and/or extenuating circumstance that would otherwise prevent them from managing their tertiary study and continuing elite level sport.
The scholarship is available to two new and existing La Trobe students, who are eligible as members of the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program (LEAP).
Michael Malthouse Elite Sports Bursary
Applications for the 2018 Michael Malthouse Elite Sports Bursary are now closed.
If you're a year 12 or IB student enrolling at La Trobe and competing at a state, national or international level, you may be eligible the Michael Malthouse Elite Sports Bursary which offers a financial scholarship to help with your first year at university.
Please visit the scholarships website for more information.