RED staff profile - Dr Jeanette Fyffe
Dr Jeanette Fyffe
Manager, Research Education and Development team, Graduate Research School
Dr Jeanette Fyffe manages the Research Education and Development team which is responsible for research education across all academic career stages. She has an enduring interest in supporting PhD students' preparation for academic practice in ways that integrate research and teaching, and that support students to be proactive in their professional development.
- 2003: PhD (Physics): School of Physics, The University of Melbourne
- 2013: Grad Cert Higher Education, Curriculum, Teaching and Learning, La Trobe University
- 1996: BSc (Hons 1): School of Physics, The University of Melbourne
Grants, awards, and OLT project involvement
- 2012: Krause, K., Scott, G., Campbell, S., Lizzio, A., Spencer,D., Bath, D., Fyffe, J., Clark, J. (2012) Developing program leader networks and resources to enhance learning and teaching in multicampus universities. Sydney, ALTC. Available online: www.griffith.edu.au/programleaders
- 2006: University of Melbourne, Teaching Learning Performance Fund Grant $168, 000. Project Manager for the development of Postgraduate Essentials: Completions and Beyond and the Graduate Research ePortfolio. I also led the commercialisation of Postgraduate Essentials: Strategies for a Successful Start to Your PhD which was successfully licensed to several institutions in Australia and the UK, this generated in excess of $100,000.
- 2006: Finalist, Australian University Teaching Award for Programs that Enhance Learning - Postgraduate Essentials
- 2005: Norman Curry Award for Innovation and Excellence in the Support of and Service to Teaching and Learning for Postgraduate Essentials, $25,000.
- 2004: ASCILITE Award for Postgraduate Essentials, $10,000
Selected relevant publications
- Bernstein, B, Evans, B, Fyffe, J, Halai, N, Hall, F, Marsh, H, Ortega, S and Siggard Jensen, H (2014) 'The Continuing Evolution of the Research Doctorate' in Preparing PhDs for A Global Future: Forces and Forms in Doctoral Education Worldwide, Nerad, M. and Evans, B. (eds), Sense Publishing.
- Graybill, J,Shandas, V, Fyffe, J, and Flores, E (2014), 'Forces Acting on Doctoral Education from the Viewpoint of Early Career Researchers' in Preparing PhDs for A Global Future: Forces and Forms in Doctoral Education Worldwide, Nerad, M. and Evans, B. (eds), Sense Publishing.
Refereed journal article
- Johnson, E, Bird, F, Fyffe, J, and Yench, E, Champions or Helpers: Leadership in Curriculum Reform in Science, Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice, 9(3), 2012.
Refereed conference proceedings
- Brooks, C. & Fyffe, J. (2004) Are we comfortable yet? Developing a community of practice with PhD students at the University of Melbourne. In R. Atkinson, C. McBeath, D. Jonas-Dwyer & R. Phillips (Eds), Beyond the comfort zone: Proceedings of the 21st ASCILITE Conference (pp. 163-169). Perth, 5-8 December.
- Member of HERDSA