Friends of the Centre
If you are interested in the archaeology, art, history and literature of the ancient Mediterranean, we encourage you to join the Friends of the Trendall Centre.
It is free to join Friends of the Trendall Centre.
- Regular public lectures and other social events
- Special invitations to exhibitions and "behind the scenes" events
- Discounts on the La Trobe in the City lecture series
- Trendall Centre cultural tours, in Australia and overseas
- Newsletter with up-coming events and the latest research on the ancient Mediterranean.
Access a unique resource
The A.D. Trendall Research Centre for Ancient Mediterranean Studies was founded through Dale Trendall's bequest in 1995 to La Trobe University of his extensive private library, photographic archive of some 40,000 images of South Italian vases, and his antiquities collection.
Since 1995, the Centre has maintained the Library and Archive, and is currently digitising the photographic Archive. Both the Library and Archive are internationally renowned resources and attract scholars from overseas as well as Australia. The photographic Archive of South Italian vases in particular is unique: such a resource does not exist anywhere else in the world.