The impacts of these developments are expected to be minimal, with all services and access to collections to continue as normal. Below is a summary of the temporary changes occurring as we continue to improve our Library spaces:
Lift upgrade Library/Student Union Building
- Lift access to all levels of the building during works will now be via one of the library lifts located on the new northern side of the building.
- Access to Library collection on Level 3 will be via the Library lift and stair access.
- Signage will be in place to provide direction.
- During the works there will be periods of intermittent noise.
Library Mezzanine refurbishment
- There will be no access to the Mezzanine level during works.
- There will be some noise disruption, so you may need to find a quieter space elsewhere in the library.
- Signage will be in place for alternative stairwell access to the Library collections on Level 3.
The Mezzanine refurbishment will be a great addition to our existing study spaces, offering a comfortable, quiet and reflective zone with new furniture and carpeting.
We apologise for any inconvenience but look forward to the benefits these developments will bring to the Library community.