We can help you with understanding how to use OER and navigating copyright licenses. Check your source has a Creative Commons licence and watch this video to see how you can use it.
Evaluating an OER for quality
There are several tools you can use to assess an OER for quality of content and relevance to your course.
- University of Queensland evaluation checklist: A simple checklist for deciding whether an OER is suitable for your teaching
- Fed Uni tool
- Guide for Evaluating Open Education Resources by BCCampus (PDF, 89.8 KB)
Where do I find information on Copyright?
Go to the Copyright Hub for current copyright information and resources that may help you in using OER, such as:
- navigating copyright for open access environments
- using Creative Commons licenses appropriately
- your responsibilities and obligations
- how to legally utilise OER material in your learning and teaching activities