Visualise Your Thesis Competition
Visualise Your Thesis (VYT) challenges graduate researchers at any stage of their candidature to present their projects in a 60-second, eye-catching video. Using a pre-supplied template, you are tasked with developing a striking video presentation that succinctly describes your research, and its potential benefits, to a non-specialist audience.
VYT provides you with an opportunity to build and apply your information and digital literacy skills. By creating a “visual elevator pitch” you will develop crucial employability skills including effective communication, information and digital literacy and visual storytelling. You will also build your awareness of open access to information and copyright.
The Visualise Your Thesis competition is open to currently-enrolled graduate researchers (i.e. students enrolled in M.Phil., Masters by Research, Ph.D. or Professional Doctorate programmes) at any stage of their candidature who are active and attending.
Competitors must agree to their entry being displayed on the University of Melbourne’s Visualise Your Thesis website (winning entry only) and on La Trobe University websites and media.
- First prize: $1000
- Second prize: $500
- Popular vote: $250
The winning entry (first place) will represent La Trobe University in the 2023 Visualise Your Thesis International Competition, which will be held online.
- You must use the supplied PowerPoint template to create your video
- No separate media files or links to online content (all media is embedded in the PowerPoint file)
- Your video must not exceed 60 seconds, except for the title and reference slides
- Your video has an absolute maximum file size of 100MB (take this into account when including graphics and sound)
- You must include references for any resources used to create your video
- Media, including images, audio and video files, must comply with the competition’s copyright rules
- Late submissions will not be accepted
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final
Entries closed on Friday 4 August 2023
Voting has now closed.
Winners will be announced at the 3MT event on the 1st September.
Entries will be judged against the following criteria:
|COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE
|CREATIVITY AND ENGAGEMENT
For more information, contact the Library Community Engagement Team at email@example.com.