Learning and teaching support
Our La Trobe Education Services and Library teams provide customised support and workshops for academic staff to help throughout the academic calendar and across learning and teaching requirements.
La Trobe Education Services
La Trobe's Education Services team supports academic staff directly with their learning and teaching practice, including:
- Educational designers and developers and Ed Tech support staff consultations: Subject design, LMS design, student communications, digital educational resources and assessment and feedback
- Customised workshops: Educational technology, designing for student experience, course mapping
- Curriculum redesign: Redesign and deliver subjects and courses
Operating as one service across all campuses in Australia, offshore and online, the Library connects the La Trobe community with knowledge through integrated scholarly collections, proactive services, managed learning spaces and best practice digital information management.
We provide programs, services and customised support contributing to student learning success and academic teaching and research outcomes, including:
- Student research skills and teaching support: eLearning resources, eBureau and reading lists
- Research support: Attention and metrics, literature reviews and searches, research data management
- Customised workshops and programs: for researchers and students
- Assessment and thesis support: Supporting students with referencing, search tools and study help
Library Learning Services provide support and resources for students and Connect Academic is a gateway for academics with student administration enquiries.
Learning support for students
There are key areas staff can direct students to for learning support and resources.
Our Library Learning Services provide a comprehensive suite of academic and learning support for all students on every campus:
- Library Learning Services: Small group and one-to-one advice to develop and extend academic writing, study skills, academic English, digital literacy, Library research and more
- Academic staff can refer students directly to Library Learning Services
- Academic staff can also request an academic skills workshop for their subject or discipline, targeting skills for specific subjects and assessment tasks. Contact Library Learning Services for more information or to discuss a workshop
- The Science Hub (accessible in LMS): Science skills in biology, physics and chemistry
- The Maths Hub (accessible in LMS): Basic maths, subject-based maths, advanced maths and statistics
Library assistance, including assessment and thesis support, as well as referencing, search tools and digital literacy, is also available through every Library Learning Services.
Comprehensive information can be found on the study support and resources site on the Students website.
Student administration enquiries: Connect Academic
The ASK La Trobe Connect Academic team can assist academic staff with individual student enquiries related to student administration (enrolment, fees, exams, timetabling, etc.) – more details and contact information is available to current academic staff [Staff login required].