Learning and teaching support
Our La Trobe Learning and Teaching (LTLT) and Library teams provide customised support and workshops for academic staff to help throughout the academic calendar and across learning and teaching requirements.
La Trobe Learning and Teaching (LTLT)
LTLT teams support academic staff directly with their learning and teaching practice, including:
- Educational designers and developers and Ed Tech support staff consultations: Subject design, LMS design, student communications, digital educational resources and assessment and feedback
- Customised workshops: Educational technology, designing for student experience, course mapping
- Curriculum redesign: Redesign and deliver subjects and courses
- Ed Tech: Supporting staff with educational technologies such as LMS, EchoSystem, PebblePad
Operating as one service across all campuses in Australia, offshore and online, the Library connects the La Trobe community with knowledge through integrated scholarly collections, proactive services, managed learning spaces and best practice digital information management.
We provide programs, services and customised support contributing to student learning success and academic teaching and research outcomes, including:
- Curriculum development and teaching support: eLearning resources, reading lists, digital literacies
- Research support: Attention and metrics, literature reviews and searches, research data management
- Customised workshops and programs: for researchers and students
- Assessment and thesis support: Supporting students with referencing, search tools and study help
Learning Hubs provide support and resources for students and Connect Academic is a gateway for academics with student administration enquiries.
Learning support for students
There are key areas staff can direct students to for learning support and resources.
Our Learning Hubs provide a comprehensive suite of academic and learning support for all students on every campus:
- The Learning Hub: Small group and one-to-one advice to develop and extend academic writing, study skills, academic English, digital literacy, Library research and more
- The Science Hub (accessible in LMS): Science skills in biology, physics and chemistry
- The Maths Hub (accessible in LMS): Basic maths, subject-based maths, advanced maths and statistics
Library assistance, including assessment and thesis support, as well as referencing, search tools and digital literacy, is also available through every Learning Hub.
Comprehensive information can be found on the study support and resources site on the Students website.
Student administration enquiries: Connect Academic
The ASK La Trobe Connect Academic team can assist academic staff with individual student enquiries related to student administration (enrolment, fees, exams, timetabling, etc.) – more details and contact information is available to current academic staff [Staff login required].
Gateway to knowledge: Information and scholarly resources, expertise and support for learning, teaching and research.
Staff support, expertise and resources on the student academic experience.
Support and resources for teaching staff on systems, teaching, employment and academic promotions.