The Australian Ballet partnership ambassador
Learn more about Benedicte Bemet, Principal Artist with The Australian Ballet.
Benedicte Bemet was born in Mackay, and started ballet at the age of three. She grew up on the Gold Coast and began her training at the Ransley's Ballet Centre.
When she was ten her family relocated to Hong Kong, where she continued her ballet training at the Jean M. Wong School of Ballet. She was accepted into The Australian Ballet School at age 14. In 2009 she was sent to New York and Canada to represent the School in a student exchange program. Benedicte toured with The Dancers Company in 2010 and 2011.
She joined The Australian Ballet in 2012; she was promoted to coryphée in 2013, to soloist in 2016, to senior artist in 2018 and to principal artist in 2019.
- Swanilda in George Ogilvie and Peggy van Praagh's Coppélia 2016
- William Forsythe's In the Middle, Somewhat Elevated 2016
- Viktor Gvosky's Grand pas classique 2016
- "Second Region" Pas de deux in Christopher Wheeldon's DGV©: Danse à grande vitesse 2016
- Third Movement Principal in George Balanchine's Symphony in C 2016
- Aurora in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- Princess Florine in David McAllister's The Sleeping Beauty 2015
- Peasant Pas de deux in Maina Gielgud’s Giselle 2015
- Clara in Peter Wright’s The Nutcracker 2014
- Sérénade Variation in Serge Lifar’s Suite en blanc 2014
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award 2015
- Green Room Award nomination for Clara in The Nutcracker 2014
- Telstra People's Choice Award 2013