Building Team Resilience
Are you a manager or supervisor in the helping professions looking to build positive team cultures? This workshop considers the challenges staff working in these professions face and explores the personal, professional and organisational responses in sustaining team resilience.
- Monday 15 August 2022 09:30 am until Monday 15 August 2022 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- The Bouverie Centre
- Presented by:
- Nella Charles and Angie Nyland, The Bouverie Centre
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
- $220 (GST incl)
This live-stream course, presented by The Bouverie Centre, explores the concept of team resilience and what managers and supervisors can do to build positive team cultures. It includes consideration of the challenges for staff working in the helping professions and personal, professional and organisational responses that sustain team resilience and trauma informed practice. Theory and research are interwoven with experiential exercises, aimed at resourcing participants with tools to identify and respond to the impacts of the work on team relationships and organisational culture.
Team leaders, program managers and supervisors in the helping professions. To assist with implementation, we encourage more than one participant from within the same service to attend.
On completion of this course, you will be able to
- Describe key characteristics of resilient teams
- Identify how trauma informed responses can build and sustain resilient teams
- Identify an activity/process for implementation to promote positive and meaningful working relationships within teams
- Identify an activity/process for implementation to promote team resilience in the workplace.
What You Can Expect
- Small group activities to ensure the course content is relevant to you and to your specific work context
- Implementation guides to help you put your knowledge to practice
- A collection of relevant readings
- Passionate and experienced presenters
Related Training and Support
Other events by type
- Living with Disability Research Centre Research Seminar Series
8th Dec 2021 3:00pm
- 2021 Trendall Lecture
9th Dec 2021 6:00pm
- A Toast to Fran Kelly: Reflections on current affairs and politics from behind the mic
9th Dec 2021 5:30pm
- 2020-21 Technology Infusion Grand Challenge - Awards Presentation
15th Dec 2021 4:00pm
- Violet Vines Marshman Annual Oration
21st Feb 2022