MBA Director and staff
Dr Geraldine Kennett
Director, MBA Program
Dr Geraldine Kennett is the Director of the MBA Program and Associate Professor of Business Management at La Trobe University. She is responsible for the strategic direction, curriculum and learning quality and industry engagement for the MBA Program.
Geraldine held senior executive positions in professional and industry associations in Melbourne. Including:
- Chief Executive Officer, Institute for Public Administration Australia’s (IPAA) Victorian Division
- Membership Strategy Manager, Australian Industry Group
- Professional Development and Membership Manager.Australian Human Resource Institute
In the past, Geraldine worked as a lecturer in the School of Management for Central Metropolitan College of TAFE and as a business and human resource manager for Myer Stores Ltd.
Her qualifications include a Doctorate of Business Administration and a Masters in Training and Development. She is also an Editor for the Australian Journal of Public Administration and a Reviewer for the American Journal, Review of Personnel Public Administration.
Dr Jennifer Spoor
Deputy Director, MBA
Dr Jennifer Spoor is the Deputy Director of the MBA Program in the La Trobe Business School. She has been at La Trobe University since 2010, during which time she has been the Program Coordinator for both the Master of Management and the Higher Degree by Research program. Jennifer previously taught at the University of Queensland, Butler University (USA), and Purdue University (USA). Her education and training are in applied social psychology and statistics. Jennifer has a PhD and MS in social psychology from Purdue University.
Jennifer's research is in the area of organisational behaviour and applied social psychology, focusing on group and intergroup processes. Her three main programs of research include:
- workplace diversity and inclusion, especially with respect to gender and disability
- moods and emotions in work groups
- social identity theory.
Jennifer’s current research projects focus on employment for individuals on the autism spectrum, neurodiversity employment programs and improving organisational support for volunteers with a disability. She collaborates with organisations in the information and communications technology, government, sport, and not-for-profit sectors.
La Trobe MBA Subject Coordinators
- Dr Geraldine Kennett
- Director, MBA Program and Associate Professor of Business Management
- Dr Jennifer Spoor
- Deputy Director, MBA Program
- Professor Suzanne Young
- Associate Head of Business School, Partnership and Professor of Corporate Governance
- Professor Paul Mather
- Professor of Accounting and Governance
- Dr Leila Afshari
- Lecturer, Department of Management, Sport and Tourism
- Professor Simon Pervan
- Head of Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Marketing
Professor of Practice in Management, La Trobe Business School
Lecturer, Department of Management, Sport and Tourism
Lecturer, Department of Management