Meredith Sussex AM
Method of Appointment
Appointed 1 October 2021 to 30 September 2024 (inclusive)
- Infrastructure and Estates Planning Committee (Chair)
- Corporate Governance Audit and Risk Committee
Director – Meredith Sussex and Associates
Aug 2009 – Present
- Chair, Fishermans Bend Development Board (current), formerly Chair, Fishermans Bend Ministerial Advisory Committee
- Non-Executive Director of Housing Choices Australia (current)
- Former Non-Executive Director on a number of Boards including the Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute, the Port of Melbourne and Vicurban
- Strategic advice to organisations on public policy, planning, management and governance
- Specialist advice on strategic issues relating to city planning including membership of the Council of Australian Governments Cities’ Expert Panel
- Ongoing advisory role on city issues
- Ongoing consultancy advice on governance and management to non-government organisations
- Executive coaching to CEOs in the non-government sector
Meredith Sussex is Chair of the Board of Directors at Fishermans Bend Development in Victoria. She has also been a non-executive director of several Boards, including the Board of the Port of Melbourne.
She was a Lecturer of the Masters Program on Urban Governance at the University of New South Wales (until 2020).
Meredith has held senior positions in the Victorian Government, including Deputy Secretary/Director, Training and Further Education at the Department of Education, Deputy Secretary and Head of Cabinet Office in the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
From 2002-2006 she led the Office of Commonwealth Games Coordination, for which she was awarded the Order of Australia in 2007.