Australian Zero Emission House
The Centre for Technology Infusion is a partner in the Australian Zero Emission House (AusZEH). The objective of the project is to create an integrated technology assessment and a demonstration platform for reducing carbon emissions with the ultimate goal of developing next-generation living solutions which have a zero carbon emissions footprint.
We have developed a highly optimised technology solution for the complete monitoring, management and control of energy used in the home. The energy management and device control device platform uses a scalable data management architecture and can be used with a range of web enabled devices such as PCs, PDAs, mobile phones,etc. The system provides data on power consumption, CO2 emissions and cost.
CTI received the Victorian Sustainability and Green Information Technology Innovation prize in the 2011 Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) iAwards.
The Zero Emission House
In the news
- Award for carbon reduction technology, Bulletin, La Trobe University, 15 July 2011
- Energy Management - high impact research for the community, Bulletin, La Trobe University, Winter 2010
- It's a real greenhouse at Bundoora uni, Whittlesea Leader News, 11 May 2010
- Australia's first Zero Emission House, La Trobe University News, 29 April 2010
- Doors open on Australia's first zero-emission home, CSIRO, 29 April 2010
- Zero Emission House, CSIRO, 23 February 2010