La Trobe is committed to addressing the big issues of our time. The Future Ready Strategy is designed to build the capacity of the La Trobe community to effectively address the issues of tomorrow.
Part of this is what we do on our campuses to reduce out footprint. Some of these areas include:
- recycling bins to reduce waste throughout the campuses
- retrofitting facilities to improve energy and water efficiency
- reducing bottled water consumption by increasing the number of water fountains across our campuses
- getting around the Melbourne campus is fast and fun with the Bike Share program
- generating our own electricity using natural gas in our Melbourne campus co-gen plant
- providing a range of Fair Trade products at our on-site shops and cafes through our commitment as an accredited Fair Trade University
- reducing the impact of paper use by purchasing paper with 100% post-consumer waste recycled content.