Skip to content
- Assess the casualty and location: identify any threats to your safety and to others.
- If it is safe to do so remove, contain or control the threat to ensure that you are not placed in danger and that no further harm comes to the casualty.
- If it is safe to do so assess the casualty’s condition and the need for assistance.
- Do not move a casualty unless they are exposed to a life-threatening situation.
- Contact your campus security/emergency response or your building warden.
- If there is no answer call emergency services on 000. Try to call campus security/emergency response again to inform them of the emergency.
- Remain with the casualty and administer first aid as appropriate until assistance arrives.
- Follow the instructions of relevant emergency services personnel and campus security/emergency response personnel.
- After the incident has been made safe, complete and submit an incident report.
Download a procedure diagram