We offer a variety of Chinese cultural experiences through organised events. Combining education with recreation, these events engage an audience with Chinese culture in a more direct fashion and provide an experiential learning experience.
Cultural events are a complement to our more traditional educational programs and have greater outreach potential. While some events may be conducted on the University's main or regional campuses, others will be located within the local community. Rather than offering a single mode of experience, our cultural events may take many forms. For example:
- Celebrating traditional festivals of China, such as the Chinese Lunar New Year, the Dragon Boat Festival, or Mid-Autumn Day,
- Presenting a multi-faceted Chinese cultural experience incorporating, for example, food stalls, street performances and games,
- Holding cultural seminars, inviting distinguished scholars, artists, or public persons to present their latest research findings, artistic expression or cultural experiences with a broad audience,
- Holding cultural demonstrations, presenting Chinese exotic arts and cultures, such as Chinese Calligraphy, Martial Arts and Shadowboxing,
- Holding exhibitions, for example, showcasing Chinese cultural artefacts or Chinese books representing local culture.
Recent Cultural Activities
Check out our blog posts and photos for some of our most recent cultural events:
- 21/05/2016: The Prelim Finals of the 15th Chinese Proficiency Competition, hosted at La Trobe University.
- 20/04/2016: "China Day" at Charles La Trobe College.
- 04/04/2016: Cultural Lesson with the Brotherhood of St. Laurence.
- 29/02/2016: Whittlesea Seniors Chinese New Year.
- 13/02/2016: Chinese Lunar New Year 2016 in Preston.
- 30/11/15: Ink Remix: Contemporary Art in Bendigo.
- 23/09/15: Chinese Cultural Day with the Australia China Youth Association and the Chinese Scholars and Student Association.
- 18/09/15: Chinese Cultural Gala Performance with the Huazhong University of Science and Technology.
- 17/09/15: 11th Confucius Institute Day
If you have a question about one of our cultural activities or if you're interested in organising something with us, please contact Carol Ba, +61 3 9479 6507, firstname.lastname@example.org