La Trobe Elite Athlete Program
La Trobe University is a member of the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network, which recognises the unique needs of students who participate and compete in sport at an elite level.
We are committed to providing elite athlete students assistance and support by successfully combining their academic and sporting pursuits through the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program (LEAP).
The scheme is only available to domestic undergraduate applicants who:
- meet the eligibility criteria as an elite athlete as outlined under the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program
- apply for their chosen La Trobe University courses through VTAC (as per VTAC course application timings)
- Can demonstrate that their elite sport commitments have impacted on their previous studies
- complete the online application form
Eligibility to the scheme does not automatically lead to an offer of a place; you will still be required to meet the prerequisites and additional requirements (if applicable) of the course and compete for a place on the basis of academic merit.
Current and prospective domestic students can apply for LEAP if they are competing in a national or international level of competition and are endorsed by one of the following organisations:
- the Australian Institute of Sport
- a state institute or academy of sport
- a relevant national or state sporting association, of which you are a member e.g Australian Football League Players’ Association, The Australian Ballet, Athletics Victoria, Australian Cheer Sport Alliance
International students may be considered eligible for LEAP if they are competing at a national level under an Australian National Sporting Organisation.
Athletes are required to provide a letter of support from their state/national governing body to endorse their status as an elite athlete.
How to apply
- Ensure applications are open on the LEAP website.
- Make sure you are eligible (you need to be competing on a national level and be endorsed by the Australian Sports Commission)
- Fill out the form on the LEAP website and ensure you have attached all of your supporting documents
You will be advised of your acceptance into the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program (LEAP) via email.
If you require further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
After your apply
You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. If you meet the eligibility criteria, your application to the scheme, in conjunction with your VTAC application, will be considered by a selection committee to determine if the five bonus aggregate points will be applied.
Should your application be successful, you will be advised of your acceptance into the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program after VTAC offers are released in January. Once you have enrolled at La Trobe, you will be automatically registered into the Elite Athlete Program.
For future students applying for admission into an undergraduate course via VTAC, La Trobe University offers elite athlete students access to an adjustment factor through the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program.
Eligible elite athletes may have a five aggregate point adjustment factor applied towards their admission to La Trobe.