Single Session Family Consultation
A key component of the 'From Individual to Families' framework, Single Session Family Consultation (SSFC) combines the principles and practices of family consultation with single session thinking.
In this self-paced online training, Dr. Brendan O'Hanlon, a leading developer and proponent of SSFC, provides a clearly articulated practical process for engaging families, which is ideally suited to contexts where a family member is the primary client of an individually oriented service (e.g. adult mental health, alcohol and other drugs, youth services).
SSFC offers timely, accessible support to all family members while retaining a strong client–practitioner relationship. In keeping with single session thinking, it enables practitioners to make the most of each encounter with families.
Listen to Dr. Brendan O'Hanlon discuss this course and how it provides solid grounding in the practice frame of SSFC.
Self-paced online, available 24/7
5 CPD hours
$225.50 (GST included)
Dr. Brendan O’Hanlon
- Module 1: Describes the rationale and practice principles underpinning SSFC and its place within a comprehensive response to families
- Module 2: Unpacks the conceptual and practical contributions of Single Session Thinking and Family Consultation to the model
- Module 3: Describes and demonstrates the key stages of SSFC: convening, conducting and follow-up
- Module 4: Addresses key challenges including translating SSFC training into practice
- Module 5: Provides references and tools to aid and support practice
What will you Learn?
On completion of SSFC, you will be able to:
- Understand the Single Session Thinking and Family Consultation frameworks that underpin SSFC
- Convene, conduct and undertake follow-up as part of SSFC
- Address challenging situations in sessions with families
- Identify how you can incorporate SSFC into your practice
Professionals, including counsellors, therapists, case managers, team leaders, or managers interested in practical tips for working with ‘hard to engage’ clients.
Single Session Family Consultation in Practice is the practice companion to the self-paced online training. It aims to bridge the gap between ‘knowing and doing.’ It provides participants with the opportunity to consolidate their knowledge of SSFC and enhance the application of the ideas in their clinical practice.