Professor O’Cass joins La Trobe from Macquarie University, where he served as the Head of the Department of Marketing. He has previously served in Associate Dean, Head and Course Director roles at the Universities of Tasmania, University of Newcastle, and Griffith University.
La Trobe Provost Professor Robert Pike, congratulated Professor O’Cass on his achievement.
“I warmly congratulate Professor O’Cass on his appointment as the next leader of La Trobe’s Business School,” Professor Pike said.
“Professor O’Cass brings to this critical role his significant expertise in marketing strategy, and innovation his extensive leadership experience and his deep understanding of, and advocacy for, industry engagement as a key component of success in higher education.
“These important attributes align perfectly with La Trobe’s strategic goals and values, and I am confident that Aron will take the Business School to the next level.”
Professor O’Cass said he was delighted to have been appointed as Dean of La Trobe’s Business School.
“I look forward to being joining La Trobe University and working at a University with such a vibrant cultures and impactful strategic goals and values. I am very positive about the School’s future as both a high quality provider of business education and research”.
Professor O’Cass will commence in the role on 31 January 2022.
About Professor Aron O’Cass
- Professor O’Cass has expertise in bringing together insights from strategy, firm resources and capabilities, and examining their effect on branding, value creation, innovation and firm performance in the context of goods and services which converges on both the firm side and customer side with regard to theory and practice.
- He has conducted research in a wide range of industry (SME, large firms manufacturing, services, tourism and politics) and country contexts, especially in Asia with research in China, Singapore, Taiwan, Vietnam Indonesia, Malaysia, India, Iran, and other countries.
- Professor O’Cass has published more than 130 articles in leading international journals. He has guest edited special issues in the Journal of Product Innovation Management, British Journal of Management, Industrial Marketing Management, European Journal of Marketing, Journal of Business Research.
- He been a Chief Investigator on grants valued at over $7,000,000. He has served on the Australian Research Council College of Experts and served as a Member of Excellence in Research Australia (ERA), Excellence in Research Evaluation (ERA) Committee.
- He has supervised to completion some 40 research higher degree students.
- Overall, his published works have received more than 20,000 citations, H-index of 69 (Google) and he is rated in the top one per cent of research-productive marketing scholars globally for both career and single year impact.
Media Contact: Claire Bowers – E: firstname.lastname@example.org l M: 0437 279 903