Email experts directly or contact the media team for assistance.
Politics, Media and Economics
- Professor Andrea Carson, Politics and Media
Gender equality, women’s political participation, independents (i.e. Teals), social media and digital campaigning
- Dr Nasya Bahfen, Senior Lecturer in Journalism
Cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) community participation in politics, and digital literacy, CALD response to public health measures
- Dr Kevin Brianton, Adjunct Senior Research Fellow
Political messaging, campaign tactics and media strategy.
- Ian Tulloch, Adjunct Research Fellow
Australian federal and state politics; regional politics; electoral politics; environmental and water politics; industrial relations/unions and politics.
- Dr Buly Cardak, Associate Professor Economics
Cost of living pressures, school/higher education policy and risk with economics background.
Social Security, Disability, Aged Care, Rural Health and Mental Health
- Professor Jane Mills, Dean, La Trobe Rural Health SchoolNursing workforce, rural workforce, rural health issues (such as service provision to reduce inequity)
- Professor Deirdre Fetherstonhaugh, Australian Centre for Evidence Based Aged Care (ACEBAC) Aged care, research into practice, residential aged care performance
- Dr Rachel Winterton, The John Richards Centre for Rural Ageing Research Rural ageing, rural aged care
- Professor Christine Bigby, Director Living with Disability Research Centre
Disability policy, social inclusion, abuse of people with disabilities.
- Dr Chris Maylea, Associate Professor La Trobe Law School
Mental health reform, in particular mental health law reform
- Professor Joanna Barbousas, Dean of EducationEducation policy, teacher education, teacher progression, innovative learning options.
Climate Change and Environmental Policy
- Dr Kathleen Birrell, Lecturer La Trobe Law School
Climate change law, politics around climate change, environmental policy.
LGBTIQ people and the law
- Dr Matthew Mitchell, crime, justice and legal studies, Dept of Social InquiryLGBTIQ people and the law, criminal justice, transgender and gender diverse people in law and policy.
Media: Courtney Carthy – email@example.com, +61 433 208 187