Thank you to the 3,361 students who took the time to complete the 2022 Student Survey. Your feedback helps us improve Library services to ensure we’re meeting your needs.
Check out some of the key findings below.
Of the 3,361 responses…
- 73% were undergraduate students
- 78% were domestic or local students
- Close to 18% were international students
- 1.3% identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
We received responses from students of all discipline areas, with the top three largest responses from areas of study in (1) Public Health and Psychology, (2) Nursing & Midwifery, and (3) Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities
Overall Satisfaction Rates
You rated the Library 5.94 out of 7 (85%) for overall satisfaction.
This places us in the top 25% of university libraries that also ran the survey. It is an increase from the last time we ran the survey in 2020 (5.93).
We’re proud to see 95% of respondents agreed the Library contributes to their study/research success. We’re always looking for ways to improve this space.
82% of respondents agreed with the statement “In the Library, I feel connected and part of University life”. There are always ways to continue to show students the Library is a focused and inclusive space, central to uni life.
What we do best
- Wireless access in the Library whenever you need
- Freedom and ability to use your own device in the Library
- Complete access to Library resources and services away from campus
- Library building opening hours meet your needs
- Online Library information resources (e.g., articles, databases, eBooks, streamed media) meet your learning and research needs
What’s most important to you
- Online Library information resources meeting your learning and research needs
- Getting wireless access in the Library when you need to
- Finding a quiet place in the Library to study
- Online reading list resources are accessible when you need them
- Finding a place in the Library to use your own device
What we can do better
- Making the information you need more accessible on the Library website
- We are working on refreshing our website in 2023
- Improving online reading list and textbook/etextbook availability
- We are working with academics and publishers to make more textbooks free to access
- Providing a balance of quiet and group study zones
- We are developing more group study corrals and reviewing our study spaces based on student needs
What’s the Library Student Survey?
Every two years we capture the thoughts of our students across all campuses to measure student satisfaction with our facilities, resources and communications. It also lets us compare ourselves to other university libraries and track how we are doing within the industry.
Share your thoughts on your Library experience at any time. We always want to do better for our students, academics and staff.