The role of the LEAP - Strength and Conditioning Coach will see the successful applicant work with members of the La Trobe Elite Athlete Program (LEAP) and have the opportunity to work in La Trobe's high-performance athlete, research and community sport development hub.
Duties at this level may include:
- Provide effective supervision of the strength and conditioning lab to ensure the safety of all facility
- Undertake PARQ and sport specific fitness-based assessments for LEAP athletes, assessing their
readiness for an exercise training program and implementing a structured training plan that is in
accordance with their needs / goals / club or institution-based requirements
- Where appropriate, consultation with external strength and conditioning providers from the
athlete’s club or institution to allow facilitation of training programs in the strength and
- Providing initial first aid treatment within the competencies of acquired training
- Attending to relevant tasks, checklists and duties associated with gym floor management and
- Attending relevant meetings and training sessions
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to La Trobe Sport Health & Fitness Supervisor, Scott Graham (Scott.Graham@latrobe.edu.au), by COB Friday March 26.
For more details, please view the LEAP - Strength and Conditioning Coach position description [PDF 207KB].