Update - 17 February, 2021
La Trobe Sport is pleased to announce the reopening of its sport and recreation facilities at the Bundoora Campus on Thursday 18 February.
In conjunction with the University, La Trobe Sport has been closely monitoring the situation during the five-day circuit breaker restrictions imposed by the Victorian Government last Friday.
We are happy to announce that all activities that involve the use of the La Trobe Sports Stadium, La Trobe Sports Centre and La Trobe Sports Park fields are free to resume from Thursday. Opening hours for all our facilities can be found here.
All visitors must register their attendance at the front desk, as well as register through a QR code for contacting tracing requirements. Masks must be worn inside at all our facilities before and after exercise or activity, as well as outside in instances where social distancing measures can’t be maintained.
We also ask our patrons respect the instruction from our staff and to adhere to the additional instructional signage provided at each of our different facilities to ensure we are remaining compliant with density and hygiene requirements.
We can’t to wait to have everyone back at our facilities soon!
In conjunction with the University, La Trobe Sport has been closely monitoring the situation and working towards a phased return of activities through a careful COVIDSafe process which complies with government health and safety requirements.
La Trobe Sport staff have worked extremely hard to ensure that we will be providing the safest environment possible for our community upon the reopening of our facilities. We are asking all of our members and customers to consult our facility and program specific Return to Sport and Recreation Guidelines below to ensure they are aware of the temporary new processes we have put in place before attending our facilities.
La Trobe Sport would like to thank all of our valued members and customers for your ongoing patience throughout this period, and we appreciate your understanding and compliance towards our new processes while restrictions remain in place.
Should you have any other questions about the information in the sections below, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or over the phone (9479 2973).
*La Trobe Sport Return to Sport and Recreation Guidelines are subject to change in accordance with relevant State Government announcements*
- All patrons to acknowledge that they are free from symptoms, have not been in contact with a confirmed case and have not been directed to isolate each time they attend a session
- Stay at home if you feel unwell
- If you have COVID19 Symptoms get tested and quarantine until you have received a negative result
- Observe 1.5m physical distancing and venue specific guidelines
- Practice healthy hygiene, including wash your hands regularly and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your face
- Masks must be worn inside at all our facilities before and after exercise or activity, as well as outside in instances where social distancing measures can’t be maintained (unless a lawful exemption applies)
- Group sizes to be restricted to comply with government guidelines
- Face masks are not required where a person is performing exercise or physical activity where you are out of breath or puffing, such as jogging or running.
- The face covering must be worn prior to and after the exercise activity.
- Face shields are not permitted as an alternative to face masks, instead can be used in addition.
- You must carry a face covering with you when you exercise unless you have a lawful excuse for not wearing a face covering such as a medical condition or are under the age of 12.
- For more information on conditions for face mask use and any lawful exemptions, click here.
La Trobe Sport Specific Guidelines
- We encourage people to change and shower at home.
- We are currently operating as a cashless payment facility.
- Spectators are permitted up density quotients per area, highlighted by facility signage
- All seating throughout our venue’s will be made unavailable
- All casual users and external clubs must check-in at reception
- All clubs and long-term bookings must complete a ‘Return to Play’ document prior to commencing their training
- La Trobe University sporting clubs are to nominate one official, to ensure accurate attendance tracking is recorded for each session using Revolutionise and that all club members contact details are up to date.
- Please ensure you bring your own full water bottles. Drinking taps will be unavailable and limited water refill stations will available throughout our venue’s
- All casual visitors to the Sports Park who have not registered with La Trobe Sport previously, will be required to complete the Sports Casual Visit Form. This only needs to be completed once, as a customer profile will be created in our client data base
To ensure a quick and easy sign in process, users should come prepared with a completed application form available to download and print: https://www.latrobe.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0007/1133809/Casual-Visit-Form.pdf
- Casual court users and bookings will be required to register their attendance via the La Trobe University supplied QR codes.
Casual and member attendances for the gym and pool will be required to submit their attendance through the La Trobe Sport point of sale system, Envibe. In addition users will also be required to register their attendance via the La Trobe University supplied QR codes.