La Trobe Sport is a University initiative with the strategic goal of developing La Trobe University into the University of choice for Sport in Australia.
La Trobe Sport facilitates programs, partnerships, research and course developments to enable La Trobe to be the leading university in Australia for sport-related teaching and research, to support student participation in sport and sport related clubs and to actively engage the local community and schools through the use of its sporting facilities and sport services.
The primary purpose of this position is to work with and support the Management team, Sales & Customer Experience – La Trobe Indoor Sports Centre, in driving sales of a range of facilities and experiences delivered by La Trobe Sport and supporting outstanding customer experience in order to achieve strategic goals. Successful candidates will act as the first point of contact for the Sports Centre, ensuring that the reception area is run smoothly and that all patron enquiries are answered knowledgably and in a timely manner.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this position, the successful candidate will possess:
- A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the work practices, processes and procedures relevant to the role, particularly front of house and relevant POS knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Well-developed organizational and time management skills, including managing multiple demands, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in computer software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and electronic mail.
- HLTAID003 First Aid Level 2
- HLTAid001 CPR
- Lifeguard Qualification (must be willing to obtain if not already held)
Essential Compliance Requirements
To hold this La Trobe University position the candidate must:
- hold, or be willing to undertake and pass, a Victorian Working with Children Check; AND
- take personal accountability to comply with all University policies, procedures and legislative or regulatory obligations; including but not limited to TEQSA and the Higher Education Threshold Standards.
How to Apply
Closing date: November 20th 2020
Position Enquiries: Tayla White, TEL: 9479 3438 Email: email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit a digital application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter; and
- An up to date resume
For more information, view the Position Description.