Accessing Student Support Services

La Trobe University is committed to providing ongoing, flexible and comprehensive support for our students. The health and wellbeing of our students, staff and wider community remain our top priority.

Services are available through a range of methods – on campus and online. We will continue to offer online access to our services for those students unable to come onto campus. 

ServiceServices Available  
AccessAbility and InclusionAccessAbility and Inclusion provide support for students or students caring for someone with a mental health condition, ongoing medical condition or disability (including physical, neurological, intellectual, sensory, acquired brain injury, or specific learning difficulty).

To access AccessAbility and Inclusion, visit the AccessAbility Contact website.
AdvocacyStudent Advocates can help students to understand their situation and discuss available options, understand University Policy and Procedures, prepare written submissions/letters; and attend hearings and meetings with students as a support person. These services are provided at no cost to you. The Student Advocates are available to assist students from all campuses. Visit the Student Advocacy FAQ for more information.
ASK La TrobeASK La Trobe can help with accepting your offer, enrolment, timetables, student systems, fees and financial support, exams, results, graduations, international student issues and more. We can link you with other services too.

To access ASK La Trobe, visit the ASK La Trobe website.
CounsellingLa Trobe’s Counselling services provide free and confidential short-term counselling for La Trobe University students.

Onshore students
For students in Australia, Counselling sessions are offered face-to-face, by telephone or by Zoom. We also provide specialist counselling for LGBTIQ+, Men’s Health and Wellbeing and Indigenous students.
Offshore students
For students outside Australia, we have a La Trobe offshore counselling service available by phone.

To access either of these services, visit the Counselling Contact website.
EmployabilityAccess an extensive suite of current and topical self-help resources to assist you in reaching your career goals via the careers website, including On-Demand Webinars via On24.
Financial CounsellingFinancial counsellors are qualified professionals who provide information, advice, and advocacy to students in financial difficulty.
Some examples of what they can help with include providing options if you’re struggling to pay debts, developing budgets, navigating Centrelink, plus much more.

Visit the Financial Counselling website to book an appointment
Health and Wellbeing Resource CentreThe Student Health and Wellbeing Resource Centre is the first point of call for all your health and wellbeing needs.

Not sure what sort of Wellbeing support you need? Have a chat with our Wellbeing Mentors; they can provide you with resources, information and referrals regarding all things Wellbeing.

Open Monday to Friday, 10 am – 4 pm, drop in at Peribolos East Ground Floor (PE101), Bundoora Campus. Or call (03) 9479 1085 or email for all other campuses.
Health and Wellbeing online resource hubThe Health and Wellbeing resource hub is a space for you to learn more about issues affecting our Wellbeing, both at University and in everyday life.

Learn more about topics that interest you and if you need Wellbeing support of any kind, have a look at the many free and confidential Wellbeing services at Uni available to you.
Indigenous Student ServicesIndigenous Student Services provides a range of support for Indigenous students, including: Indigenous Academic Enrolment Program (IAEP), Financial support, Computer lab access, Specific Indigenous Australia resources, Academic advice and advocacy and Scholarships

Indigenous Student Centres are available at all Victorian campuses.

For further information, contact Indigenous Education & Student Services.  
International Student SupportAdvice, information and support are available for all international students.

For assistance, contact ASK La Trobe.

24-hour student support hotline
If you need help after-hours (at night, during public holidays or on the weekends) call 1800 758 360 (if you’re outside Australia, call +61 2 8905 0973) – we want to help you with anything you might be worried about. Calls are free from landlines but standard call rates apply from mobile phones.
Legal ServiceA partnership between Banyule Community Health and La Trobe, the Legal Service offers free, confidential legal help for all La Trobe University students.
They can help with renting/housing, fines and infringements, employment conditions and rates of pay, consumer complaints, family violence and law, plus much more.

Visit the Legal Service website to book an appointment
Library Learning ServicesLibrary Learning Services helps you to develop and extend your academic skills for successful study. We offer support to transition, undergraduate, coursework postgraduate and research higher degree students, on every campus and online.

Library Learning Services offers help with assessments and study from Peer Learning Advisors (PLAs) and expert staff. Specialist help is also available for English language, academic writing (including theses) and Library skills.

For information about our workshops, consultations and other services, visit the Learning Learning Services website.
LibraryThe Library website provides access to ebooks, journal articles and many other resources online, any time through Library Search.

Librarians can help you find the scholarly information you need for your studies and develop your learning and research skills. You can Chat with a Librarian 9 am-6 pm, Monday-Friday and 11 am-4 pm on Saturday.

Visit the Library website for opening hours at your campus.
Multifaith Spiritual WellbeingWe have multiple prayer locations across our campuses. Multifaith advisors are also available to have a chat or help you on your faith journey.

Visit the Multifaith website to contact a Multifaith Advisor or find our faith locations.
Safer CommunitySafer Community provides free, confidential support service if you are experiencing concerning, threatening, inappropriate or uncomfortable behaviour.

They can provide expert advice and information. They also offer you options and referrals to help resolve your concerns to keep you and others safe.

To access Safer Community, visit the Safer Community website.

Please note Safer Community is not an emergency service. In an emergency, contact Security (03) 9479 2222 and 000.
Student IT SupportStudent IT Support can assist with any issues you are experiencing with La Trobe University Systems.

Please note, the issue is sometimes related to your device’s hardware, software or compatibility with La Trobe’s systems and we are unable to fix these for you. In this case, we may need to refer you to seek external IT Support (e.g your local computer shop).

For contact information, including 24/7 Ask a Question and Live Chat, visit the Student IT Support contact page.
Student AdvisingThe Student Advising team offer individualised, case management support for students, including international students, providing them with one main point of contact within the University.

To access Student Advising, visit the Student Advising webpage.
Student Wellbeing Connect and Check-InStudent Wellbeing Connect provide support for multiple situations where just seeing a counsellor or study adjustments with AccessAbility and Inclusion might not be enough to assist you in your situation, or you need something slightly different. 
We can connect you with many different services both internal and external to the University that might be able to help you in your situation and act as a point of contact to help guide you through. 

Fill out our intake form to access Student Wellbeing Connect or request a check-in.