The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub is the place for every student, at every level, on every campus to develop and extend your academic skills. We offer support to transition, undergraduate, coursework post-graduate and research higher degrees students, on every campus and online.
We offer small group and one-to-one advice from Peer Learning Advisers, Student Learning Lecturers, Academic English Advisers, Library Learning Advisers and other expert tutors.
Check out The Learning Hub Online, a single place in the LMS to find eLearning tools across La Trobe University. You can access self-paced learning activities when it suits you and from wherever you are. The Learning Hub Online brings together resources like Achieve@Uni, Studiosity and LinkedInLearning videos, along with specially designed resources.
How to get help from The Learning Hub
- Drop in when The Learning Hub is open.
- Contact your campus Learning Hub by email:
- In Bundoora and Bendigo, drop in via the Ask Zone to make a time for consultations with all advisors
- For Library support, drop in via the Ask Zone or desk or use Library Chat
- Academic and professional staff can refer students using this form
The Learning Hub helps you develop these skills for successful study
- planning, drafting and editing your assignments
- using your research in your writing
- quoting, paraphrasing, referencing.
- time management
- presentation skills
- exam preparation.
- developing your English vocabulary and grammar
- developing your speaking and writing in English
- improve your comprehension
- improving your comprehension.
- using online learning systems
- advanced database searching
- software to study: including Excel, Word, NVivo, Endnote, Mendeley, SPSS.
- finding relevant resources for research assessments
Science Skills (through the Science Hub)
- Health Sciences
Maths Skills (through the Maths Hub)
- basic maths
- advanced maths