The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub is the place for every student, at every level, on every campus to develop and extend your academic skills. We offer support to transition, undergraduate, coursework post-graduate and research higher degree students, on every campus and online.
We offer help with assessments and study from Peer Learning Advisors (PLAs) and expert staff. Specialist help is also available for English language, academic writing (including theses) and Library skills.
Learning Hub Workshops
How2Uni Workshops now online
Online Zoom workshops to help you beat procrastination, write great assignments and prepare for exams. All workshops are one hour long.
In-subject study skills and English language workshops
Some subjects offer workshops to develop skills for assignments. Your lecturer will tell you about any study skills, writing or English language workshops available in your subject.
One Step Ahead (preparing for uni program)
Our One Step Ahead program runs before the start of semester and covers all the essential skills for successful university study, including academic writing, avoiding plagiarism and using assessment feedback.
If you missed One Step ahead during orientation week, come along to our online How2Uni workshops - they cover the same skills, plus more!
NEW! English Conversation Club
Do you want to keep up your English speaking skills while studying at home?
The English Conversation Club meets via Zoom on Wednesdays from 12-1pm Melbourne time right up until the end of the year!
Find more information and the Zoom link on the Learning Hub LMS.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For Subject Coordinators
We offer workshops to develop students’ skills for assessment tasks.
Contact your local Learning Hub to discuss embedded workshops at your campus. If you would like to request a targeted workshop, please give us 3 weeks' notice prior to the proposed workshop date.
How to get help from The Learning Hub
- Drop in via Zoom to see our Peer Learning Advisors (PLAs)
- Contact your campus Learning Hub by email:
- Get Library support via chat, phone or email
- Academic and professional staff can refer students using this form
The Learning Hub Online
Check out The Learning Hub Online, a single place in the LMS to find eLearning tools across La Trobe University. You can access self-paced learning activities when it suits you and from wherever you are. The Learning Hub Online brings together resources like Achieve@Uni, Studiosity and LinkedInLearning videos, along with specially designed resources.
The Learning Hub helps you develop these skills for successful study
- planning, drafting and editing your assignments
- using your research in your writing
- quoting, paraphrasing, referencing.
- time management
- presentation skills
- exam preparation.
- developing your English vocabulary and grammar
- developing your speaking and writing in English
- improve your comprehension.
- using online learning systems
- advanced database searching
- software to study: including Excel, Word, NVivo, Endnote, Mendeley, SPSS.
- finding relevant resources for research assessments
- Maths and Statistics support for:
- Agricultural Science
- Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Biomechanics, Sports and Exercise Science
- Business and Finance
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Psychology Statistics
- Statistics and Probability
- subject-based maths help (see the timetable on the Maths Hub LMS)