The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub is the place for every student, at every level, on every campus to develop and extend your academic skills. We offer support to transition, undergraduate, coursework post-graduate and research higher degree students, on every campus and online.
We offer help with assessments and study from Peer Learning Advisors (PLAs) and expert staff. Specialist help is also available for English language, academic writing (including theses) and Library skills.
Learning Hub Workshops
How2Uni Workshops now online
Online Zoom workshops to help you develop study skills such as time management and assignment writing, plus a session focusing on procrastination and perfectionism.
In-subject study skills and English language workshops
Some subjects offer workshops to develop skills for assignments. Your lecturer will tell you about any study skills, writing or English language workshops available in your subject.
One Step Ahead (1-day preparing for uni program)
Do you want to be One Step Ahead in your studies?
Whether you are a recent VCE student or returning to study after a break, the One Step Ahead Program will give you strategies for successful university study. This program runs before the start of semester can covers all the essential skills from organising your study to academic writing and referencing.
This all-day program is especially designed to prepare you for university study and increase your chances of success. If you have already done a semester or two of uni but feel you need some more help with your skills then attending One Step Ahead could increase your chances of success.
- Organise your study
- Plan, structure and write academic assessments
- Read effectively and take notes
- reference, paraphrase and summarise
NEW! English conversation club
Meet other La Trobe students and practice your English speaking skills in a friendly environment.
Gain confidence starting conversations with Aussies!
Join us from Week 2 of Semester 1, Wednesdays 12pm - 1pm in HU3 - 135, Bundoora.
FREE Australian snacks provided!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For Subject Coordinators
We offer workshops to develop students’ skills for assessment tasks.
Contact your local Learning Hub to discuss embedded workshops at your campus. If you would like to request a targeted workshop, please give us 3 weeks' notice prior to the proposed workshop date.
How to get help from The Learning Hub
- Drop in when The Learning Hub is open.
- Contact your campus Learning Hub by email:
- In Bundoora and Bendigo, drop in via the ASK Help Zone for directions to the Learning Hub
- For Library support, drop in via the ASK Help Zone or desk or use Library Chat
- Academic and professional staff can refer students using this form
The Learning Hub Online
Check out The Learning Hub Online, a single place in the LMS to find eLearning tools across La Trobe University. You can access self-paced learning activities when it suits you and from wherever you are. The Learning Hub Online brings together resources like Achieve@Uni, Studiosity and LinkedInLearning videos, along with specially designed resources.
The Learning Hub helps you develop these skills for successful study
- planning, drafting and editing your assignments
- using your research in your writing
- quoting, paraphrasing, referencing.
- time management
- presentation skills
- exam preparation.
- developing your English vocabulary and grammar
- developing your speaking and writing in English
- improve your comprehension
- improving your comprehension.
- using online learning systems
- advanced database searching
- software to study: including Excel, Word, NVivo, Endnote, Mendeley, SPSS.
- finding relevant resources for research assessments
- Maths and Statistics support for:
- Agricultural Science
- Biochemistry and Biotechnology
- Biomechanics, Sports and Exercise Science
- Business and Finance
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Psychology Statistics
- Statistics and Probability
- subject-based maths help (see the timetable on the Maths Hub LMS)