The Learning Hub
The Learning Hub is the place for every student, at every level, on every campus to develop and extend your academic skills.
The Learning Hub will help you to easily find learning resources to support you throughout your degree. In each of our campus hubs, we offer workshops, walk-ins and consultations.
Alongside subject LMS resources, Student Support Tutors, and resources like Achieve@Uni and Lynda.com, The Learning Hub offers you fundamental skills and the support to excel at university. The Learning Hub offers small group and one-to-one advice from Peer Learning Advisors, Student Learning Lecturers, English Language Development tutors, Library Learning Advisors and other expert tutors.
We are currently building an online Learning Hub, to create a single place to find eLearning tools across La Trobe University. You will be able to access self-paced learning activities when it suits you and will be able to access advice and workshops from wherever you are.
Our current Learning Hubs include:
- academic writing
- study skills
- English language development
- Library research skills
- digital literacy
- maths (though the Maths Hub)
- chemistry (through the Chemistry Hub).
More areas of support will be introduced at a later date, including additional disciplines.
How to contact an advisor
The Learning Hub skills support
- plan, draft and edit your assignments
- use your research in your writing
- quoting, paraphrasing, referencing.
- manage your time
- take notes for study
- presentation skills
- prepare for exams.
English language skills
- improve your vocabulary
- improve your grammar
- improve your comprehension
- improve your speaking and writing.
Maths skills (via the Maths Hub)
- basic maths
- advanced maths
Chemistry skills (via the Chemistry Hub)
- chemistry (through the Chemistry Hub)
Library research skills
- find relevant resources for research assessments
Digital literacy skills
- using online learning systems
- advanced database searching
- software for study: including Excel, Word, NVivo, Endnote, Mendeley, SPSS.
For more information, Learning Hub times on each campus and Learning Hub materials, see The Learning Hub LMS site. All staff and students can self-enrol.