We can help you understand how to use OER and navigate copyright licenses.
Firstly, you need to check your source has a Creative Commons licence. This Creative Commons video will teach you how to use digital content legally.
Evaluating an OER for quality
There are several tools you can use to assess the quality of an OER and its relevance to your course.
- University of Queensland evaluation checklist: a simple checklist for deciding whether an OER is suitable for your teaching
- Fed Uni tool: a checklist for choosing suitable resources
- Guide for Evaluating Open Education Resources by BCCampus (PDF, 89.8 KB)
Where do I find information on copyright?
Our Copyright Hub provides up-to-date copyright information and resources to help you use OER, including:
- navigating copyright for open access environments
- using Creative Commons licenses appropriately
- your responsibilities and obligations
- how to legally utilise OER material in your learning and teaching activities.