Borrowing and ebooks
Become a member, borrow, and access eresources.
Types of items, how many you can borrow, how long you can borrow, and number of renewals.
Use the self-checkout machines or service desk, borrowing from the city campuses, Clinical Schools and Bouverie Centre.
Borrow from another campus library, Melbourne Annexe, CARM Centre or another academic library, or use the document delivery service.
Request a hold.
Find items that are essential reading for your subject on Reserve.
Renew an item that is almost due to be returned or overdue.
Fines for overdue, lost or damaged items, how to pay, and unpaid fines.
Find and download ebooks.
View the most recent additions to our collection or set up an RSS feed to get updates via email.
Login details and viewing your library record.
Getting important notices
Students and Staff
- You will automatically have library notices sent to your La Trobe University student/staff email address.
CAVAL, Alumni and other borrowers
- Notices will be sent to the email you supplied at registration. You may also need to check your junk/clutter folders.
Failure to receive notices does not exempt you from any fines incurred.
Your borrowing responsibilities
- You must have your current student/staff card, CAVAL card or external borrower library card in order to borrow items at any of the campus libraries.
- To ensure fair access to resources, if you don't return or renew your items by the due date penalties may apply.
- You are responsible for all items borrowed and cannot transfer the borrowed item/s to another person.
- You should regularly check your La Trobe University email account for library email notifications.
- You must report a lost or stolen card to the Inquiry/Loans Desk and Student Centre.
- If you are a student you cannot borrow from the library until your card is replaced by Student Administration.