Teaching excellence principles
Our commitment to an outstanding student experience drives our distinctive expectations of our teachers.
Articulated in our teaching excellence principles, these inform learning and assessment design, teaching activity and career development:
- Passion: Teaching students in an engaging, motivating and inspiring way
- Rigour: Use a research-informed approach to learning and teaching
- Relevance: Real world issues and enhanced student employability addressed through teaching
- Ethics: Demonstrates and fosters in ethics of inclusivity, respect, care, responsibility and collaboration in teaching
- Effectiveness: Demonstrates best practice in curriculum design, pedagogy, assessment and feedback
- Innovation: Takes a proactive approach to new teaching strategies, methods and technologies
- Reflection: Adopt a critical reflection and continual improvement mindset to teaching
The La Trobe Learning and Teaching (LTLT) teams have a number of programs and support options to help you develop your teaching skills.