Learning and teaching support
Alongside local School and Departmental support, two central teams provide customised support and workshops for academic staff.
Our La Trobe Learning and Teaching (LTLT) and Library teams help across the academic calendar and learning and teaching requirements.
La Trobe Learning and Teaching (LTLT)
Teams support academic staff with their learning and teaching practice, including:
- Drop-in support: available year-round in the Learning and Teaching Lounge with both Ed Design and Ed tech staff.
- Consultations: support with a wide range of topics including LMS design, student communications, subject design, and assessment and feedback from an Ed Designer or Developer as well as Ed Tech.
- Co-created workshops: in any area of interest in Learning and Teaching including designing for student experience, developing Course and Subject Intended Learning Outcomes and course mapping, and a range of Ed Tech topics.
- Curriculum redesign: redesign and deliver subjects and courses that enhance the learning experience of students.
Operating as one service across all campuses in Australia, offshore and online, the Library connects the La Trobe community with knowledge through integrated scholarly collections, proactive services, managed learning spaces and best practice digital information management.
We provide programs, services and customised support contributing to student learning success and academic teaching and research outcomes, including:
- Curriculum development and teaching support: eLearning resources, reading lists, digital literacies
- Research support: Attention and metrics, literature reviews and searches, research data management
- Customised workshops and programs for researchers and students
- Assessment and thesis support: Supporting students with referencing, search tools and study help