About to finish your Bachelor of Science? Honours in the School of Agriculture, Biomedicine and Environment (SABE) might be for you!
Honours is a one-year degree (full-time) that adds value to your undergraduate degree in science. As a SABE honours student, you will fully immerse yourself in your own, independent, exciting research project, allowing you to put everything you learned in your undergraduate degree into practice.
The school offers projects on a huge array of topics, including:
- growing plants in space
- discovering cures for cancer
- cardiovascular and infectious diseases
- monitoring the effect of climate change on Australia’s plant and wildlife, and much more!
You will learn a multitude of practical laboratory or field skills, access state-of-the-art technology, analyse data, think critically, and develop professional skills in project management and communication. Our Honours graduates are highly sought-after by employers from all sectors.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours (SHS)
- Bachelor of Biomedicine (Honours) (SHMD)
- Bachelor of Biological Science with Honours (SHBIS)
- Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Biosciences with Honours (SHAVB)
- Bachelor of Science (Wildlife and Conservation Biology (SHSWCB)
If you are finishing your degree in Semester 2 2023, our next intake commences February 2024. This semester we are running two information sessions for interested students.
Online information session with course coordinator and past students, plus Q&A
Where: via Zoom, Meeting ID 813 4765 7612
When: Tuesday 29th August (Sem 2, Week 5), 5-6 pm
“Open Day” for students to meet potential research supervisors
Where: WLT foyer
When: Wednesday 18th October, 11 am – 1 pm
Details: Honours course presentation (11-11:20 am) with potential research supervisors available for discussion in the WLT foyer.
Find more information, including downloadable course materials and course contact details here.