Week Four means we’re really in the thick of Semester now.
It’s about now that those first assignments are starting to weigh more and more on students’ minds.
If they’re giving you a headache, then make sure you get some help to ease the study pain.
At La Trobe, there are several reliable services to make a tricky assignment feel much more manageable. Even though you’re not on campus, those services are still available – and you can access them from wherever you are right now.
Need help navigating your uni work? Who better to consult than a high-performing student or expert staff member.
There are a lot of different people trained to help you and they’re waiting online to assist:
- Academic Skills and Language staff can be booked here
- Peer Learning Advisers are providing Zoom session Monday to Friday, 11.00am – 3.00 (find today’s link in your Learning LMS)
- Library Staff are offering online drop-in sessions using Zoom throughout the day (link in Learning LMS)
- Maths Hub zoom sessions (link in Maths Hub LMS)
- Science Hub zoom sessions (link in SCIHUB LMS)
For more Learning Hub help, visit the La Trobe website.
Starting Tuesday, 31 March, a range of online help sessions will roll out, each tackling a different aspect of University study. They sessions are timed to coincide with what’s happening in your subjects right now: writing assignments, handling procrastinations and, eventually, exam preparation.
The session dates and times are listed below:
- Tuesday 31 March, 2.00-3.00pm: Write that assignment! Reports
- Thursday 2 April, 12.00-1.00pm: Write that assignment! Essays
- Thursday 9 April, 10.00am-12.00pm: Procrastination & Perfectionism
- Monday 20 April, 12.00-1.00pm: How are you managing?
- Thursday 28 May, 11.00am-12.00pm: Exam Strategies
To join the online event, please register at this link.
Is this the first you’re hearing about Studiosity.
Commit the name to memory immediately and learn where to find it in the LMS because Studiosity has the ability to take a weight off your shoulders at Uni.
The on-demand online help service puts you in touch with experts who answer questions, provide feedback on writing and tips for your assignments.
Find the link to this fabulous service on the LMS.
While you can’t go into our libraries right now [insert sad face here], the Library staff are still working hard to help you use their collection and their expertise. They’re on the phones, on online chat and over email.
They’ve got a regularly updated webpage with everything you need to know about their services during the COVID building closure. It’s got a handy breakdown of service availability hours.