La Trobe has got you covered with a bunch of exciting ways to get moving and groove into the world of sports and recreation this year. Here’s 6 ways to get involved and unleash your inner athlete:
- Sport facilities don’t get much better than our world-class Sports Park. The first of its kind in Australia, the La Trobe Sports Park offers a unique environment to play, teach and research sport. The best part? Students can access and use our state-of-the-art facilities!
- Everyone knows keeping active equals better study habits, so here’s a massive discount to get you started. To welcome our new students, we’re offering a special 50% discount during Semester 1 Orientation Week. But be quick, this offer is available until Sunday March 17, so visit the La Trobe Indoor Sports Centre or Bendigo Sports Centre and speak to our friendly reception team to take advantage of huge savings!
- Group Fitness Classes: Stay active with a range of group fitness classes, including yoga, pilates and high-intensity workouts. It’s a great way to stay fit and socialise.
- Social Sport Competitions: Looking for something casual without the weekly commitment? Social sport is the answer! La Trobe League is a great way to have fun and stay active during your time at university. Not only is La Trobe League an easy and affordable way to stay active, but it’s also a fun way to socialise with your friends or meet some new ones.
Participate in friendly competitions through La Trobe’s social sport programs. Whether you’re a seasoned athlete or a beginner, there are leagues for all levels.
- Uni is all about making new friends! Our sport clubs are the best place to do that! La Trobe University has 23 affiliated sporting clubs run by students, with support from La Trobe Sport.
You can find all of La Trobe’s affiliated clubs here.
- Events and Competitions: Representing Team La Trobe in intervarsity events, such as the UniSport Nationals or the University Basketball League, is a fantastic way to demonstrate your skills and experience elite sports competitions against other universities across Australia.
Discover more about La Trobe Sport and all of their exciting events!
So, what are you waiting for? Lace up those shoes, gather your buddies and let the games begin!