The La Trobe Leaders Program is a fantastic way for you to develop your leadership skills by welcoming incoming students, mentoring your peers and taking part in a range of engagement activities held on campus throughout the year.
With Semester 2 and Term 4 orientation fast approaching, now is the best time to get involved!
Hear what one of our Leaders had to say about their experience volunteering at orientation.
What are the benefits of being a La Trobe Leader?
- You’ll have access to guest speakers, networking, industry mentors, employability and careers support
- You’ll receive a Certificate of Completion at a La Trobe University Award ceremony
- You’ll have “La Trobe Leaders Program” formally recognised on your academic transcript
- Students who participate across all three La Trobe Leadership pillars will be eligible for the Career Ready Advantage Silver award
- La Trobe Leaders will have priority application status for casual employment opportunities that become available across the Student Experience teams
Participation in the program is a twelve-month commitment.
Students in the La Trobe Leaders Program will also receive exclusive, priority invitation to participate in students-as-partners activities including:
- School Level Advisory Groups (SAGS)
- Other representative and governance-related activities (interview panels and university sub-committees)
- Student panels and guest speaker invitations
- Student forum participation
- User testing to provide feedback on student-facing systems and processes
Visit our website to find out more, and to register to become a La Trobe leader.