Volunteering is a great way to boost your resume and career prospects, employers value the skills you develop through volunteering experiences.
Here’s 6 reasons to get involved and say ‘yes’ to that volunteering opportunity:
- Provides you with hands-on professional workplace experience.
- Strengthens and develops your transferable skills such as teamwork, communication, problem solving and leadership.
- Gives you opportunities to meet new people, build relationships, and expand your professional networks.
- You will discover tasks you enjoy and are good at and this will support you in exploring career options.
- It boosts your resume with new experiences and referees you can use when applying for other opportunities.
- Gives you practice finding and applying for opportunities.
Want further information about ways to boost your resume? Why not come along to our Career Ready How to Develop Experience (and boost your resume) webinar? You will be provided with resources and credited with a Career Ready Advantage Professional Learning activity.
Follow up your webinar with a one on one appointment with our Career Ready team and get the expert advice you need to assist with developing your employability.